Dwight Yoakam w/ The Cadillac Three
DateAugust 16, 2019
VenueUnion Bank & Trust Pavilion
Location16 Crawford Circle, Portsmouth, VA 23704
Dwight Yoakam performs for the first time at Portsmouth’s Union Bank & Trust Pavilion on Friday, Aug. 16. The Cadillac Three opens for the show at 8 p.m. Gates open at 7 p.m.
First becoming popular in the mid-80’s, Yoakam has recorded more than twenty albums and compilations, charted more than thirty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, and sold more than 25 million records. He has recorded five Billboard #1 albums, 12 gold albums, and nine platinum albums, including the triple-platinum “This Time.”
Yoakam’s industry awards include:
- Academy of Country Music Award for Top New Male Vocalist – 1986
- CMT Europe Artist of the Year Award – 1993
- Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Performance, Male – 1994 “Ain’t That Lonely Yet“
- Grammy Award for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals – 1999 “Same Old Train” shared with multiple artists
- Country Music Association Award for International Touring Artist (2007)
- Academy of Country Music Cliffe Stone Pioneer Award – 2011
- Americana Music Award for Artist of the Year – 2013
Last year on satellite SiriusXM radio, Yoakam launched a new channel: Dwight Yoakam and the Bakersfield Beat, featuring the music from Southern California that focuses on, and influences the Bakersfield sound.
The Cadillac Three, originally known as The Cadillac Black, is an American Southern rock group consisting of Jaren Johnston (lead vocals, guitar), Kelby Ray (bass guitar, steel guitar, vocals), and Neil Mason (drums, vocals. The group has released three albums, charting three singles on the Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts. In addition to their own work, Johnston has written hit singles for Keith Urban, Tim McGraw, and Jake Owen.
Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m., Friday, April 5 at the Union Bank & Trust Pavilion Box Office and all Ticketmaster locations, or purchase online at ticketmaster.com.